Thursday, August 20, 2009

Children's Discovery Museum





Fun, Fun, Fun! I can't believe we had never visited here before. It was so much fun. I only planned to be there a couple of hours and then come home to eat lunch.. Well, we were there from 10 until 4 and we didn't see everything. Their special exhibit was a curious George room where Lola loved trying all the activities. She was a little nervous about sitting next to the statue of George though. We had lunch at the cafe and the staff offered for people to come outside to see open mike time. It sounded like a good idea so we took our sack lunch out. Well, Lola watched a couple kids try to sing some songs. She was so curious... After about the 3rd kid tried to sing twinkle twinkle without finishing- due to nerves, I guess- she asked if she could go down and sing... We were at the top row of a little outdoor amphitheater . I said sure. She walked down the steps by herself stood in line and then when it was her turn she told the lady her name and age.. THEN sang twinkle twinkle perfectly. Everyone cheered and clapped. I was in tears from being so proud. She came running back up the stairs to me and said I think I'll sing another one. So between bites of lunch she sang several other songs.. I sure was sad I didn't bring my video camera. Who knew she would be such a great brave singer at 3. After lunch we made these little dollies out of corn husks. They turned out sooo cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment